June 4, 2014

The Grass is Always Greener

Happy Day 21 (Blog Happy Days catch up still in progress, real-time (more or less) Happy Days happening over on Instagram.
I desperately miss Northstar Café in Columbus. In fact I really, really miss the entire Columbus, Ohio food scene. And yes, I'm still currently living in Seattle, Washington.
A few weeks ago I was craving pretty much anything from Northstar's menu so badly that I decided to try to recreate their Sweet Basil Burrito (rotisserie chicken, roasted red pepper and onion, brown rice, less the romaine with sweet basil sauce) cross-pollinated with their Chicken Avocado Sandwich (add avocado), but deconstructed (no tortilla or bun). Nailed it, thanks entirely to the sweet basil sauce I concocted (basil, almonds, parmesan, olive oil, greek yogurt, salt, honey). So I made it again the next week. And guess what's on the menu for tomorrow. Happy, healthy food. Maybe I'll get ambitious and shoot for the Veggie Burger next.

No comments:

Post a Comment