November 17, 2014

Best in Show

Happy Day 43
My favorite garden in the neighborhood. (Just a reminder I am still catching up on my Happy Days. This was taken round about the first half of June, lest someone think we moved to the southern hemisphere.) The house sits on the corner and all the area between the sidewalk and the curb has been turned into beds with the best mix of perennials, and bulbs in the spring too. It is full of blooms all season. Envious. Especially of the roses and peonies. I am still hoping to get some peonies in place this fall/winter. I read they do better when planted fall vs. spring. Hopefully, as the ones I planted earlier this year all succumbed to something. Maybe some bulbs too, if I can find the time. We've been having unusually crystal clear days for the past week or so, but hands have been too full (happily) of baby for gardening. If I don't get around to things this year, I suppose there's always next. Hopefully I'll be training a helper by then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment